If you get into financial difficulties during your studies, you can apply to us for an interest-free loan. We can help you get through this financial emergency quickly and easily.
In principle, all the students at our 14 universities are eligible for an interest-free loan.
A few rules have to be observed, however:
- The loans are intended solely for study-related expenses
- The maximum amount of a loan is EUR 1,500; repayment is specified in a contract
- To cover administrative costs, the Studierendenwerk charges a fee of 2.5% of the loan sum, payable upon disbursement
- Upon completion of one's studies or a change in one's place of study, the borrower must immediately start repaying the loan
- Students who live in our residence halls and are two months in arrears with their rent are not entitled to a loan
- A guarantor must be specified for each loan. The guarantor must be prepared to accept the commitments undertaken with the contract by means of a directly enforceable guarantee. We also need proof of an indefinite and non-terminated employment relationship, a statement of earnings, and a bank reference
- Foreign nationals must produce a residence permit