The bodies and organs of the Constituted Student Body (Verfasste Studierendenschaft, VS) represent the interests of the students of the respective university. The VSs themselves establish an organisational statute, which, at a central level, provides for a legislative body (plenum, student parliament, or similar) and an executive body with at least one chairperson.
We would like to meet regularly with the elected representations of the VSs in order to find out which topics are currently important to the students.
That is why a "Round Table of the Constituted Student Body" is held with the Managing Director of the Studierendenwerk Stuttgart, Marco Abe, four times a year. Our warm invitation: As an elected representative of the VS, please come to the Round Table with your questions and suggestions on behalf of all students!
The Representatives' Meeting decides on the statutes of the Studierendenwerk and elects the members of the Governing Board.
The members of the Representatives' Meeting are:
By the virtue of their offices:
- Rectors and board members of the universities
- Administrative directors
- Management of the local administration of the state academies
- Managing Directors of the academies
On the basis of elections:
- Full-time teaching staff and students of the universities, of the state academies and academies where Studierendenwerk Stuttgart is responsible for providing social support to the students. Depending on the number of students at each institution, up to four representatives are elected.
The Governing Board appoints, monitors and advises the management of the Studierendenwerk Stuttgart, decides on the establishment of the budget, the annual financial statements and the use of the annual results. In addition, the Governing Board appoints the auditor, discharges the management and passes the contribution schedule.
The current members of the Governing Board are:
- Nadja Blumrich, Pädagogische Hochschule Ludwigsburg
- Marius Lichtl, Universität Stuttgart
- Christopher Behrmann, Universität Stuttgart
- Abdullah Şahmurat, Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart
- Prof.Dr.-Ing. Wolfram Ressel, Universität Stuttgart,
- Christof Wörle-Himmel, HMDK (Musikhochschule) Stuttgart
- Prof. Dr.phil. Jörg-U. Keßler, PH Ludwigsburg
Alternate and substitute members:
- Max Ihlenfeldt, Hochschule der Medien Stuttgart
- Pascal Metzger, Hochschule für Verwaltung und Finanzen Ludwigsburg
- Jeremias Hubbauer, Universität Stuttgart
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Roos, Hochschule der Medien Stuttgart
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Weber, DHBW Stuttgart
- Herbert Klingohr, Senator E.h
- Dr. Walter Rogg, Geschäftsführer Wirtschaftsförderung Region Stuttgart GmbH
One member is currently not appointed.
The staff council of the Studierendenwerk (chairman: Jörg Veigel) and the MWK have an advisory function.
The Governing Board is committed to publishing an annual Corporate Governance Report