These canteens and cafeterias are open again
In accordance with the Corona Ordinance of the state government of 9 May, we are allowed to reopen canteens and cafeterias from 18 May onwards, subject to certain regulations.
At these locations, we will again offer snacks, drinks and hot meals according to an emergency meal plan:
- Mensa Stadtmitte (dining room, Coffee Bar and Food Truck at Stadtgarten, near Universitätsbibliothek)
- Mensa Esslingen Stadtmitte
- Mensa Ludwigsburg
- Mensa Vaihingen
- Cafeteria Denkpause Vaihingen
- Mensa Musikhochschule
The canteens and cafeterias are open during the semester break according to the opening hours.
The Coffee Bar in the Mensa Stuttgart-Mittag is open from 9 to 2 pm. The food truck is located in the Stadtgarten, near the Universitätsbibliothek, from 11:30 to 4:30 pm.
What dishes are available in the refectories?
In our canteens we are currently cooking according to the current number of guests. Always on the menu are our cheapest offers ("Preisrenner"), with meat or purely vegetarian. As often as possible we offer a vegan dish.
Our coffee and tea specialties as well as a selection of baked goods (filled, unfilled, sweet, salty) are waiting for you in the Coffee Bar and in the Cafeteria Denkpause.
Access only with a face mask! Disinfectant dispensers are available for use in the facilities mentioned above. Markings on the floor show the legally required minimum distance from other guests and our staff. The hygiene rules are posted on notices and are ensured in the facilities by our security personnel:
- Please note the cough and sneeze instructions.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly in our washrooms, right after you entered the building.
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.50 metres to guests and catering staff.
- If possible, please pay cashless.
- Prohibition of access for persons who have been in contact with a person infected with coronavirus and/or show symptoms of coronavirus infection (e.g. odour problems and gustatory disturbances, fever, cough and sore throat).
Attention: We are legally required to register all our guests as of July 1, 2020. You can find information on data protection here.
Registration forms can be found at the cash registers to the canteens and cafeterias and can also be downloaded here:
Select the canteen where you usually dine. This setting is retained unless you (automatically) delete your cookies.