Are you looking for accommodation in a residence hall? You can apply for accommodation online here. Just fill out the form below. After you have sent it off, you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation link. Only after you have clicked this link you will be placed on the waiting list. To keep the waiting list up-to-date, you will receive, every two to four weeks, an e-mail from us with another confirmation link – so that we know that you are still interested.
Unfortunately, due to high demand, we cannot offer accommodation to everyone immediately. At present, you have to expect to wait up to six months, if you apply for a room in Ludwigsburg and Stuttgart. At the locations Esslingen and Göppingen there is less waiting. We recommend, therefore, that you apply as early as possible – even if your enrolment certificate has not yet come through. You will have to submit this certificate to the caretaker no later than on the day of your arrival.
The rooms will be allocated six to eight weeks before the moving-in date.
How can you increase your chances of getting a place in a dormitory?
- Apply early – preferably at least six months in advance.
- Apply to residence halls with lots of rooms. Rooms are less likely to become available in a residence hall that has places for only 30 people.
- Residence halls such as the Bauhäusle, the Max-Kade-Heim or Birkenwaldstrasse have a selection procedure and are very popular, which is why their waiting lists are always especially long.
- Indicate several specific residence halls in the application (three choices are possible), and be flexible in your selection. You can also specify a location in the notes.
- Please always confirm the link that is sent to you at regular intervals, so that we know you are still interested in getting accommodation from us.
- Please refrain from asking us about the status of your application during our consulting hours. This will make our work easier and allow us to process applications more quickly. We will let you know as soon as we can offer you a room.
- If you would like to make changes to your application or if you have any further questions, please contact Elvira Dogan, by calling +49-711-9574-470 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note for external Students and Interns
Students and interns who are not matriculated at an affiliated university do not pay the semester fee to Studierendenwerk Stuttgart. Thus, your application has a lower priority, as we are, primarily, obligated to provide students with rooms who are registered at an affiliated university. If we can offer you a room, you also have to pay a monthly surcharge of 30 euros in addition to the regular monthly rent from 01.09.2018 onwards.
As an exchange student of one of our affiliated universities, please always contact your program coordinator of your university first. Please ask whether a room has been reserved for you. Only after this you can apply with us for a room. Please choose your program in the program box. If your program is not listed there, it means that your program has no quota for rooms. In this case, plase leave the field empty. Your application then counts as a regular application and you will be put on the waiting list.
Found nothing, other options?
Finding a place to live in Stuttgart is not easy. That's why we recommend you look at other options besides our residence halls. For short stays, there's our hotel, boarding houses or student subletting service. For longer-term stays, you may also find a place via the private accommodation service or with private providers.