Due to the corona pandemic, many students are in financial distress. Some of them have lost the necessary part-time job, which hurts especially international students financially. The state and federal governments have already provided assistance for students who are in financial need due to the pandemic.
BMBF-BRIDGING AID FOR STUDENTS IN EMERGENCY
From 20 November 2020, the federal government will resume the bridging assistance. Applications can be submitted from November 20, 12:30 pm.
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) will provide grants to students who are in acute need due to the corona pandemic. These grants will be awarded through the Student and Student Services.
The bridging aid has been extended: you can apply for it until the end of the summer semester 2021.
Please note: The bridging aid can only be applied for online via the following link: www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-studierende.de
Due to the high number of applications and the corresponding processing time, we ask you to refrain from inquiries about the status. We are working at full speed to process all applications as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding!
BMBF-Hotline: Telephone: +49 800 2623003
Servicetime: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:00 am until 4:00 pm, Friday 8:00 until 12:00 am.
There are various ways to finance your studies during the Corona period and where you can get help:
- With the BAföG reform, there have been significant changes in BAföG since the winter semester 2020/2021, such as increases in the allowances and the maximum rate. If you have not previously received BAföG, you could now receive some.
- The already existing KfW-Studienkredit receives changes in the current corona situation. Among other things, it will be made interest-free in the payout phase for the period from May 2020 to end of the year 2021. You will find all important information in our list of student loans.
- The educational loan from the KfW Bank has had a lower interest rate since 01.10.20: from 0.72% to 0.52%. You can find all information directly at the KfW-Bank. This loan can be combined with the KfW-Studienkredit and BAföG.
- Are you looking for a side job? There are various job portals for students that can be helpful in the alternative job search, for example the official job portal of the University of Stuttgart.
- Would you like to get advice on financing your studies? Our social counseling service will be happy to help you. For example, there is the possibility of using our donation-based emergency fund in the form of vouchers.