We are delighted to welcome you as an international student and will try to make your stay as pleasant and problem-free as possible. If you are enrolled as an exchange student or for the entire duration of your studies at one of the universities we supervise, we can offer you numerous services:
- You can apply for a placein a dormitory. Please note that you must apply early (at least six months in advance) to get accommodation in time for the start of your studies, as our waiting lists are quite long. The minimum rental period is one semester.
- If you are only here for a short time or need accommodation urgently, we have some short-term accommodation possibilities.
- You can get good and inexpensive meals in our canteens and cafeterias.
- Our social counselling service will help you with questions regarding the financing of your studies and your stay in Germany.
- So that you can have an easier start in Germany, there is the buddy programme. German students will welcome you, help you in your residence hall and with all the formalities, and organise joint activities.
- Do you have children? We look after the children of our students in our daycare centres. Please note that there are waiting lists for daycare centres in the Stuttgart region. We advise you to apply as early as possible, ideally once you know for definite that you are coming to Stuttgart.