The Studierendenwerk has set up a Corona Task Force which will report on the latest updates on this website.
We follow the guidelines of the Ministry of Science, Research and Art Baden-Württemberg.
For Information about our services and their measures regarding the Corona virus, please contact the responsible department:
- Accommodation: email@example.com | Info-Tel.: +49 711 4470-1075 (Consultation hours: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 09:00 am - 11:00 am)
- Cafeterias/Canteens: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel.: +49 711 4470-1253 (Contact: Heike Unger. Consultation hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 am - 12:30 pm)
- Office for Educational Funding: email@example.com | Info-Tel.: +49 711 4470-1110 and -1106 ( Consultation hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 bis 11:00 am and 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm)
- Daycare centers: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel. +49 711 4470-1058 ( Consultation hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 am - 1:00 pm)
- Social Consultation: email@example.com | Tel. +49 711 4470-1057 oder -1059 ( Consultation hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 am - 3:00 pm, Friday von 09:00 am - 12:00 pm )
- Psychotherapeutic Consultation: Tel.: +49 711 9574-480 ( Consultation hours for appointments: Monday to Thursday, 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm)
- Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel.: +49 711 4470-1247 (Consultation hours: Monday to Thursday, 08:00 am - 4:00 pm, and Friday, 08:00 am - 12:00 pm)
Information from the gastronomy
The Mensa Stuttgart-Vaihingen and our new Mensa Central in Stuttgart-Mitte are currently open. There, we exclusively offer take-away meals. You can see the current menu here.
Unfortunately, our other canteens/cafeterias will remain closed until further notice.
Validation Student ID Card
Because the university buildings remain closed due to the current Corona situation, students currently do not have the option to validate their student ID. However, a valid student ID is required to receive the discounted student price in our canteens. Students can therefore have their ID card extended at our Info Points for use in the canteens, upon presentation of their certificate of enrollment for the current semester.
Study financing, BAföG and Corona
The bridging aid provided by the federal government for students in a pandemic-related emergency situation is once again active. It can be applied for until the end of the summer semester 2021: www.überbrückungshilfe-studierende.de
The already existing student loan from the KfW-Bank (Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau) is undergoing changes due to the Corona situation. You will find more detailed information on these changes and conditions in our list of loan forms.The educational loan from the KfW Bank has had a lower interest rate since 01.10.20: from 0.72% to 0.52%. You can find all information directly at the KfW-Bank. This loan can be combined with the KfW-Studienkredit and BAföG.
Up-to-date information on the bridging aid and further financing possibilities can be found on Hilfen in Coronazeit.
We have compiled the most important questions and answers on the topic of student financing in the current corona situation in our FAQ Student Financing, BAföG and Corona.
Information about daycare centres
Our daycare centers have reopened under pandemic conditions. However, the opening requires a high sensitivity in dealing with each other as well as with infection control in our daycare centers. Accordingly, the hygiene concept of the Studierendenwerk Stuttgart is continuously developed and optimized. Our top priority is the health of your child as well as the health of our pedagogical staff.
The City Council of Stuttgart requests that your child be tested quickly on a regular basis. The City provides appropriate testing kits for this purpose, which we have distributed to parents.
You can find more info on the website of the city of Stuttgart.
As of 22 February 2021, our daycare centers (exept of Stuttgart) have reopened under pandemic conditions. You can bring your child to the daycare center at the regular times every day again. However, the opening requires a high sensitivity in dealing with each other as well as with infection control in our daycare centers. Accordingly, the hygiene concept of the Studierendenwerk Stuttgart is constantly being developed and optimized. Our top priority is the health of your child as well as the health of our pedagogical staff.
In addition, we now offer the password-protected video portal KITA-Online. Here, the pedagogical staff of the different day are centres provide films for the kids.
Further information can be found on our daycare site.
Information about personal counsultation
Due to the current coronavirus situation and for the purpose of prevention, we will not offer personal counselling in the divisions of housing, BAföG and social counselling until further notice. Our Verwaltung at Rosenbergstraße 18 and the janitor’s offices will also remain closed to visitors. We will be happy to advise you by telephone or e-mail.
The contact details and office hours are linked here:
- Wohnen: Verwaltung und Außenstellen
- Amt für Ausbildungsförderung - BAföG
- Hausmeisterbüros: hier je Wohnanlage hinterlegt
Information on psychotherapeutic counseling
Our graduate psychologists now also offers a video consultation for you in addition to the telephone consultation. The video tool from RED medical is used, which conforms to data protection regulations and is recommended by the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians.
Information on social counselling
Our social counsellor now also offers a video consultation for you. The video tool from RED medical is used, which conforms to data protection regulations and is recommended by the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians.
Information on legal advice
Currently we only offer legal advice by telephone. Our lawyer Tobias Grösche usually advises every Wednesday afternoon. Please make an appointment in advance by telephone through our reception. You can find the contact details here. Mr. Grösche will contact you at the agreed time.
Information about the student residences
You can find information about the dormitories in the Corona situation in our FAQ: dormitories and corona.
Since the buildings of the university are currently closed, many students do not have the opportunity to validate their student ID. Therefore, the following regulations currently apply to the VVS-Studi-Ticket: For journeys from Monday to Friday between 6:00 pm and 5:00 am the following day and all day on weekends and public holidays, students can use their student identity card in combination with their certificate of enrollment for the summer semester 2021 to identify themselves. This can also be used to purchase a VVS-StudiTicket if required.
VVS-StudiTicket with flexible validity start date
Since 1 August, 2020, a flexible validity start date has generally applied to StudiTicket and Anschluss-StudiTicket. In concrete terms, this means that these tickets can be purchased with a validity start date from the first of each month for a period of six months. They are no longer bound to the term of the semester. The following additional information is available:
- Advance sales will continue to take place one month before the start of the validity of the tickets, as before. So if you want to use the ticket from November, you will have to buy it in October.
- For online-StudiTickets, the purchase is only possible in the respective semester, due to the electronic authorization check. A matriculation number is required for online purchase. Example: semester period from 01.10. to 31.03. = purchase with validity beginning 01.10., 01.11., 01.12., 01.01., 01.02., 01.03. (within the advance sale period for two months each).
- The first month of validity of the ticket can be freely chosen by the students.
- The StudiTicket or Anschluss-StudiTicket is valid for six calendar months from the first month of validity.
- The authorization to purchase a StudiTicket (valid student ID with VVS imprint as well as Verbundpass or polygoCard) or Anschluss-StudiTicket must still be presented when purchasing at a VVS sales office. This authorization must be valid for at least the first month of validity of the StudiTicket or Anschluss-StudiTicket.
Official Information about the Corona Virus